Thursday 29 December 2011

Tis the reason for the season Part 2 The Birth of Jesus in the Quran

In the previous part I quoted signs from the Quran that relate directly to Mary peace be upon her. Now I shall quote the tale of the Birth of Jesus peace be upon him from the Quran: 



   "The angels said, 'Mary, God gives you news of a Word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, who will be held in honour in this world and the next, who will be of those brought near to God. He will speak to people in his infancy and in his adulthood . He will be one of the righteous.' She said, 'My Lord, how can I have a son when no man has touched me?' [The angel] said, 'This is how God creates what He will: when He has ordained something He only says, "Be", and it is." [The Family of 'Imran 3: 45-47] 

   "Mention in the Qur'an the story of Mary. She withdrew from her family to a place to the east and secluded herself away; We sent Our spirit to appear before her in the form of a perfected man. She said, 'I seek the Lord of Mercy's protection against you: if you have any fear of Him!' but he said, 'I am but a messenger from your Lord, to announce to you the gift of a pure son.' She said, 'How can I have a son when no man has touched me? I have not been unchaste,' and he said, 'This is what your Lord said: "It is easy for Me - We shall make him a sign to all people, a blessing from Us."' And so it was ordained: she conceived him. She withdrew to a distant place and, when the pains of childbirth drove her to [cling to] the trunk of a palm tree, she exclaimed, 'I wish I had been dead and forgotten long before all this!' but a voice cried to her from below, 'Do not worry: your Lord has provided a stream at your feat and, if you shake the trunk of the palm tree towards you, it will deliver fresh ripe dates for you, so eat, drink, be glad, and say to anyone you may see: "I have vowed to the Lord of Mercy to abstain from conversation, and I will not talk to anyone today."' 
    She went back to her people carrying the child, and they said, 'Mary! you have done something terrible! Sister of Aaron! Your father was not an evil man; your mother was not unchaste!' She pointed at him. They said, 'How can we converse with an infant?' He said: 'I am a servant of God. He has granted me the scripture; made me a prophet; made me blessed wherever I may be. He commanded me to pray, to give alms as long as I live, to cherish my mother. He did not make me domineering or graceless. Peace was on me the day I was born, and will be on me the day I die and the day I am raised to life again.' Such was Jesus, son of Mary." [Mary 19: 16-34]

  "Remember the one who guarded her chastity. We breathed into her from Our Spirit and made her and her son a sign for all people." [The Prophets 21:91]

No comments:

Post a Comment